A Biography of Bill Gray, M.D.
- Born October 13, 1942 in Norfolk, Virginia. The oldest of four boys. An aviation family — father and one brother were famous test pilots, another a flight instructor.
In high school, won an award for science fair project in conjunction with a Nobel Prize winner at CalTech on photomicrography of chromosomes of cultured cancer cells.
Raised in West Los Angeles, went to UCLA for undergraduate degree, majoring in Bacteriology.
Medical degree completed at Stanford Medical School, instructed by four Nobel Prize laureates. During clinical clerkship, published two papers on the treatment of a burn patient.
While at Stanford, spent one-year sabbatical traveling in India and Israel evaluating international health as a career.
Graduated Stanford Medical School with M.D. in 1970.
Internship Highland General Hospital, Oakland. California licensure in 1971. Worked at Kaiser Permanente for one year thereafter.
First training in homeopathy at the National Center for Homeopathy one-month course for doctors in Pennsylvania, 1971.
1976-1978, personal training with George Vithoulkas (1996 recipient of Nobel Prize for Alternative Medicine in Stockholm, Sweden) of Athens, Greece. Assisted in writing Vithoulkas’ Homeopathy: Medicine of the New Man and Science of Homeopathy.
- 1978, co-founder of International Foundation of Homeopathy, principal instructor for IFH across U.S.
- 1985, co-founder of and core faculty member of Hahnemann College of Homeopathy in East Bay.
- Extensive lecturing throughout U.S., Canada, Norway, Netherlands, Germany, England, Finland, and New Zealand.
- 1996, represented North America at Bicentennial Celebration of the founding of homeopathy in Frankfurt, Germany.
- 1999, published Homeopathy: Science or Myth? through North Atlantic Books, Berkeley. Available through online bookstores. An introductory book that also speaks to the skeptic, presenting the wealth of scientific proof for homeopathy’s effectiveness and mechanism of action
- 1999, Bill Gray was the first recipient of the annual Henry Williams Award for contributions to the profession.
- November 2002, shares dais in Munich, Germany, with George Vithoulkas in celebration of his role in helping to found Homoopathie Forum, one of the best Classical Homeopathy schools in Europe.
- Jan 2016, launched a startup Coherence Apps LLC which delivers rapid relief for acute ailments (such as fever, flu, diarrhea, cough, injuries, headache, backache, and more) SOLELY and DIRECTLY via cellphone or computer using homeopathic eRemedies converted from the pharmacy bottle to MP3 file. Patent-pending, this website can be found at eRemedyOnline.com.
- 30 June 2018, medical license revoked by Medical Board of California over eRemedyOnline.com. No effect on ability to practice homeopathy in California, however, so not a serious effect on activities.